Somaliland Health Laws
SOMALILAND NATIONAL HEALTH POLICY:
Copy of the Policy as drawn up in 2012. More information available at the Somaliland Ministry of Health.
HEALTH PROFESSIONALS LAWS:
14/01/2013 - The previous Health Professionals Commission Law (Law No. 19/2001) has now been amended and re-issued with the same number. The Law (as amended) has been signed by the President on 9 January 2013 (Decree No. 0282/012013) and shall come into force on its publication in the next issue of the Somaliland Official Gazette.
The Health Professionals Commission Law (as amended) - Law N0. 19/2001 is available here (in Somali) with the Presidential Decree and the relevant House resolution.
For more information about the Health Professionals Committtee - see the National Health Professionals Commission website . According to the website, the core functions of the Commission are to:
- register and license health practitioners;
- provide guidance and directions while monitoring their professional conduct and continual Educational Development;
- register and license all health care facilities (both public and private) and evaluate them periodically to assure the fulfilment of health regulatory standards;
- accredit and provide a national recognition for approved health training programs for health training Institutions;
- investigate complaints, malpractice and misconducts of health professionals and health care facilities and take disciplinary actions;
- provide the names of registered and licensed health professions and health care facilities to the public.
Copies of the NHPC Documents:
Food Health & Safety: